Trout & Panfish Jigs

Pup

An assortment of thread-neck and thread-bodied craft fur jigs tied for trout and panfish.

S5300003_zps4af90ebb.jpg

Used three new powder paints from Rosey's Powder Coating. Colors include:
  • Pearlescent White
  • Black Brown 80% Gloss
  • Purple Rave 90+% Gloss
Each is tied on a 1/16-oz. ball head jig with a #4 black nickel sickle hook.

Fatman

Pup - nice ties. The white with red collar reminds me of the old Doll Fly, never tied the white with craft fur always used Polar bear.

Pup

Thank you for your comments Everyone. :)

PanfishHunter said:
Those are nice pup! Where do you get your craft fur?

From a variety of sources. I never overlook Hancock Fabrics or Jo-Ann Fabrics for craft fur by the bolt. My last online order from 'This and That 4 U' was several years ago for a large quantity of Darice Craft Fur in 9x12" swatches that seem to be lasting forever. A local fly shop, FlyMasters of Indianapolis, has also provided me with some nice craft fur (Hareline Extra Select/Targus Foxx Fur).

PanfishHunter

Pup said:
Thank you for your comments Everyone. :)

PanfishHunter said:
Those are nice pup! Where do you get your craft fur?

From a variety of sources. I never overlook Hancock Fabrics or Jo-Ann Fabrics for craft fur by the bolt. My last online order from 'This and That 4 U' was several years ago for a large quantity of Darice Craft Fur in 9x12" swatches that seem to be lasting forever. A local fly shop, FlyMasters of Indianapolis, has also provided me with some nice craft fur (Hareline Extra Select/Targus Foxx Fur).
Thanks! ill look at joann the next time we go

BBFisher

I like the looks of the red body one can I ask what kind of material for the body and tail.

Pup

BBFisher said:
I like the looks of the red body one can I ask what kind of material for the body and tail.
Thank you. :)

The body is wrapped with red Coats 40-wt. metallic thread that is sold at many fabric and department stores. Here is a link. It's the spool to the left.

The tail is a barred craft fur that I found at Hancock Fabrics. Here is another link for you.

BBFisher

Thanks Pup I never went to the fabric shop for material but it looks like I'm going to check it out.

Fatman

My wife asked me for a list for christmas and she bought me a bunch of the new hairline craft fur but also some of the old Targus craft fur (wish she kept the receipt for where she got it!!!!) which is really nice.
Hairline
100_5895.jpg

Targus
100_5893.jpg

Pup

Thanks CH. :)

FM,

That's a very nice lot of craft fur. The Hareline Dubbin Extra Select Craft Fur is really nice. However, the Targus FoxxFur is golden in my opinion. I've found that I can tie a few different types of hair jigs with it. The jigs work too, which is a nice bonus. :) Your grey looks prime. :cool:

Fatman

I've never used the Hairline but I have used the Targus and it's nice stuff, I really wish my wife had kept the place she got it from so I could pick up more. I was using the Punisher craft fur but the last pack I got there was so much under the hair that had to be brushed off before you could use it. I stuck it in a swap box on one of my fly tying sites.

Haven't tied anything in over a year and need to get my butt back in gear.

Back