Tail Action Video

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Had to do a google search to find out what "Inchiku Style jigs" were after seeing one of our international members post something about them. As i was browsing some information, came across this video on the Tube. Talk about some amazing tail movement! It looks like it is just a thin piece of textile or ribbon? Maybe it is a plastic though. Not sure... my Japanese is a little rusty. :D Check it out though!

[video=youtube]

Bucho

A charter boat captain I know swears to them. I always considered those strips a poor substitute for zonker strips or pork rinds, but this video makes me look at things differently. Just gave im a plastic bag full of freebee lures for his guests, shouldn´t bee a problem to get a sample for further investigatoin :)

Its some sort of rather thin, straight cut plastic or rubber, that much I remember. In a following video you can see a guy stretch it to 3times the length. Much like one of those household gloves used for cleaning nasty stuff. Absoutely unspectacular. The large blunt ball sure creates a lot of turbulence, wonder if that will suffice to create such movement.

Hmmm, household gloves :D

Pup

The video reminds me of olympic rhythmic gymnastics.

London_Olympics_Rhythmic_Gymnastics_t940.jpg

It's a good thing... I think. ;)

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
Those are much better pics of the material. :cool: It does resemble the ends of silicone skirt tabs that are not cut. Wonder if the over-sized head is needed to create the disturbance in the water to make them flap...... or if they would flap just as well on smaller and lighter weight heads. Hmmm......

Bucho

Those jigs are home shop made alright. Bugs me to know that somebody somewhere in the world has a big role of that stuff and I don´t know how to speak to him.
They charge 12 Euros here for those things, that`s 16$. One piece!

toadfrog

That is a micro fiber material I have some . It has gotten kind of hard to find these days . If you look hard at most of the major craft stores you'll probably find some .

CrappieHappy

toadfrog said:
That is a micro fiber material I have some . It has gotten kind of hard to find these days . If you look hard at most of the major craft stores you'll probably find some .

Brent, you have any pics? are you stating thats fabric, and not a plastic material?

toadfrog

Yep it looks very similar as best I can tell to Micro fiber material . It has great action on a jig and you can get different effects depending on how you cut it and tie it in . think mine came from Hobby Lobby. I'll try to find a tag or something on it .

Back