Sparkly black strikes again

Shoemoo

Smashed my personal best crappie Sunday afternoon with this 16.5" black slabasaurus. Tipped the scale at 2 pounds, 11 ounces. The area I was fishing also has a lot of 12-15" smallmouth, so I thought it was a bass until I saw the flash of white as big as a dinner plate.

IMAG0042_1.jpg

IMAG0050.jpg

The jig that fooled 'em:

IMAG0063_1.jpg

I'll be tying this pattern for the swap.

toadfrog

That is a BEAUTY . Bet your ole heart was a thump'in when you saw what it was . Black is a good color . I'm partial to hair jigs myself And that's as good a tie on one as fellow could ask for . CONGRATS all around good job done .

Hawnjigs

KISS
Wowza, that must be exceptional way up north - whats the state record? Looks like she's freshly spawned out? Dinner for 2?

Shoemoo

State record in Idaho is around 3.5 pounds so this one isn't anywhere close. The water temps are in the mid to high 50s so we're still in pre-spawn here. We're starting to see some males blackening up, but no females with big bellies yet. She might have hit 3 pounds with eggs, but who knows?

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
That is a monster! Can't go wrong with black. ;) Congrats on the new personal best.......... now you have to beat that.

Back