Do Bucktails work for Crappies.......see this video

BucktailJiger

Nice video PB !
Bucktails Rock !!! They work really good for me on Walleye , Perch and Crappie .
That's why I tie them .

hookup

Guy found himself a nice honey hole, that's f'sure.

AtticaFish

Administrator
Staff member
I've seen that one before. Pretty amazing! Think i heard he is up fishing Canadian shield lakes. He makes some other videos also that are pretty cool.

plateboater

Agree Attica.....he has some good videos! My wife will still not let me cut the tails off the road kills!!!

redear

there is a guy they call fishdoc and he fishes kerr reservoir on the va. n.c. line, his number one bait is a 3/32 white buck tail jig with red thread and no paint. no one catches more crappie than this guy that I know of, he is a legend around there. he uses 4 lb. line in the yellow color and a 6 foot shimano ultra lite rod, and counts the bait down to where he wants it before retrieving. I have also heard of guys at that lake using these bucktails around bridge pilings and just holding them dead still next to the piling at whatever depth they are holding. they say to tie them kinda sparse so that when you hold it up to the light, you can see light through the hair, hair is 1 1/2 to 2 inches long. I hung around a hunt club one evening this fall and sniped 7 tails.

hookup

red - I'd tie some white haer jigs with red dot for eyes for a guy that winter fishes Dale Hollow f-n-f style.

Some of the pix of the monster smallies he'd send me were nuts.

Back