Jig Spinners

bluebill

I am looking for small jigs 1/8oz and less that have a spoon on the top. all I can find are underspins. Anybody have any advice? Thanks

hookup

If by understand you mean beetle spin type baits, fish them. I've caught just about every species I target on them - salt & fresh

Creature Man

Sounds like a beetle spin. But 1/8 th oz. Jig May be very difficult to get to run straight. A super small blade I’d guess would be in order. Usually you can get beetle spin wires from eBay or possibly Barlows.
My guess the smallest head on a beetle spin is probably 1/4 up to 3/8 th oz. head.
“Creature Man”

toadfrog

There are 3 sizes of beetle spin wires. The smallest one will run an 1/8 oz using a no. 0 or 1 blade and a size 10 swivel. If memory serves me correctly . Been a long time since I last made tackle. Probably got some wires and the like around some place.

ramjet

I've recently had some success bending my own "beetle spin" style jig spinners using #13 ( I think) wire, round and needle nose pliers. I play around with blades. Willow leaf reduces the lift and allows bait to run deeper, will use a larger Colorado blade and clip on a heavier tube jig and "yo yo" the bait down closer to the thermocline to target pike in the warmer summer months

hookup

B7l3BSH.jpg

RZWBqZf.jpg

D2djamC.jpg

Usually add a gulp bait on the ones with no skirts tied.

I like slightly bigger hooks and blades than the manufacturers do

Back